Your favourite tea and cake rolled into one! Chai spices and seasonal pumpkin add a beautiful depth of flavour to this afternoon delight.
2 cups self-raising flour OR wholemeal spelt flour
1/2 cup Kintra Foods Dandy Chai tea (2 Teabags brewed)
1 cup mashed baked pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp each nutmeg, ground cardamom, ground cloves
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder ** ONLY if using spelt flour
1 tsp bicarbonate / baking soda ** ONLY if using spelt flour
1/2 tsp salt OR pink Himalayan salt
3/4 cup brown sugar OR a mix of coconut sugar and stevia
1/4 cup unsalted butter OR olive oil OR coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Add wet to dry and stir until just combined
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin
- Bake at 180C/350F for 50-60mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin to cool completely.
Cinnamon Butter Icing
75g unsalted butter
1 cup icing mixture
2-3 tsp cinnamon (to your taste)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Almond milk to consistency
Beat the butter with a stand mixer until creamed, add the icing mix, cinnamon and vanilla and beat
again. Drizzle in a tablespoon of almond milk and add more to your desired consistency.
Spread over cooled cake.